I get tons of questions about shoes - what shoes do you use and like?

Views: 917

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have some Sanuk knock offs that are GREAT!  They look sharp w/jeans or khakis and have no heel at all.  Of course, name brand Sanuks will do, but the knock offs saved me 25 bucks!  Can you say "Sierra Nevada Torpedo" for daddy!

interesting shoes.  i realized i hadn't been in a regular shoe store in a long time...there were a lot of flat bottomed shoes, most sandals, sneaker-like shoes (converse and converse imitations, plus others) and, well, i don't know what the category of sunuk shoes is, but they had a lot of those type as well. i wound up getting a pair of shoes by crevo, which look a lot like the sanuks i saw online...slip-ons.  there were a lot of thong-like sandals, as well as enclosed and semi-enclosed, the later having a more roman-soldier look, but all had flat bottoms.

the arch support is still curious to me...i.e. whether one needs it or not.  i am guessing not, since going barefoot doesn't have arch support...only whatever your arch is built like...fallen, middling, or high, with many degrees in between, i'm sure.  much has been said about the heel, but i haven't heard anything about arch support, pro or con.

best,

john

A mix of VFF (Bikila LS) and Merrell Trail Gloves work great for me.  Took me a while to transition to zero drop minimalist shoes (several months), but I'm now running longer and stronger than ever.  Just finished a 20 mile trail run in the MTGs.

RSS

Train With Eric

Cirque Series Mountain Races

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

Groups

Forum

20 days sugar detox chapter in your book

Started by Alessandra in Nutrition. Last reply by Eric Orton Mar 28. 6 Replies

Achilles tendon right legs painful

Started by Giorgio Guglielmino in Eric's Training (Tips Included). Last reply by Giorgio Guglielmino Jan 29. 1 Reply

My first Ultra Race :)

Started by Giorgio Guglielmino in The Cool Impossible. Last reply by Giorgio Guglielmino Jan 16. 4 Replies

100 mile race approach

Started by Kirk in Run Training Dec 29, 2019. 0 Replies

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service