Team..I don't have a lot of trails to run on where I live so I am stuck on roads :( I would like to try and find a minimalist pair of sneakers. Any suggestions? 

Would love to hear your feedback

Views: 1922

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill I have a question for you?  I agree with your statements.  I started and finished eric's 6 week beginners course.  Then went to the 8 week.  I bought the new balance minimalist shoes because I have wide feet and low arches which I wear orthotics for.  I have only run in minamalist for 10 minutes a total of 4 times since i have owned them. 

I have had tendonitus in both plantar fac and also  achilles tendons and so forth.  No injuries in the beginning 6 weej program.  Starting to get a lot of inflammation under the ankle in both feet.  Which is causing pain while running now. 

What do you recommend.  Stop the 8 week program and just go 3 times a week in minalmist shoes to strengthen????? Or something else.  Stuck in a rutt here. 

Bill I have a question for you?  I agree with your statements.  I started and finished eric's 6 week beginners course.  Then went to the 8 week.  I bought the new balance minimalist shoes because I have wide feet and low arches which I wear orthotics for.  I have only run in minamalist for 10 minutes a total of 4 times since i have owned them. 

I have had tendonitus in both plantar fac and also  achilles tendons and so forth.  No injuries in the beginning 6 weej program.  Starting to get a lot of inflammation under the ankle in both feet.  Which is causing pain while running now. 

What do you recommend.  Stop the 8 week program and just go 3 times a week in minalmist shoes to strengthen????? Or something else.  Stuck in a rutt here.

It just goes to show how different everyone's feet are: I read about those and was all excited about them, but then I tried a pair on and they felt really weird.  I guess the lesson is always try on before you buy! 

HI Barabra.

Following your thread on shoes with interest as I will be making decisions soon as to which to purchase myself. 

Does anyone know if Eric's shoe will include a model for women? My off-road shoes are close to the end trail... pun fully intended.

I began running recently. As a beginner I had not yet developed muscles either way.  I mention this since many people switch from one type of shoe to another. I was new to all of them.

I tried the Nike running shoes - The run was somewhat painful. The 2 days following the run were painful due to inflammation and sciatica.

Vibriam 5 fingers:  Annoyed by the toe pockets since my toes apparently were not straight.  Little to no pain during the run. Sore post run. I will say though that I have "broken them in" and now they fit like a glove.

Completely barefoot:  Paranoid the entire time about sharp objects.  No pain during the run. No pain post run.  I will say it was a more emotional experience since I could feel the texture and temperature of everything beneath me.  Roads felt like cotton compared to sidewalks.

Vivo Ultra:  Yeah no toe pockets!  Good for wide feet and cheap for a sneaker. Little to no pain during or post run.

Brooks Pure Drift:  You get to wear socks with these aka my winter shoes.  Like Vivo, good for wide feet.  Little to no pain during or post run.

This summer I am going for some Luna sandals.

RSS

Cirque Series Mountain Races

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

2019 Run Camps

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service