Hi everyone, I've started running again over the past six months after a few years off due to physical and mental injury (won't go into it). However over the past month i have lost all power in my legs. I can't do any speed work, legs just won't 'go', and I can only manage really slow runs (10min/mile).

Before getting back into eric's training I may have been pushing too hard for six months: looking back most of my runs were tempo runs, vo2 max runs. I just loved being able to run again and went fast. Even my longs run in hindsight were too fast. 
Could this be some sort of burnout? I have a lot of pain in my calves around the sides. 
I do strength training 2-3 times a week so don't think it's that. 

Has anyone else been through this? Tips for getting through?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rachel, have things improved over the last month? If you haven’t been foam rolling and/or stretching your leg muscles, you could have overly tight muscles. A good Physical Therapist or Run Trainer (like Eric) should be able to help you by giving you an in-person assessment. It sounds like you went out too hard after time off from injury…it is easy to do that, especially if you are used to doing distance and speed.

RSS

Train With Eric

Foot Core

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service