Strength Training (71)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hamstring strength

Morning all, Do any of you have any interesting exercises for hamstring strength.  I'd posted some questions earlier about inner knee pain,…

Started by Paul Bassett

5 Jun 22, 2012
Reply by Paul Bassett

Inner knee pain - Adrenal Gland Fatigue

Hi guys, a bit of mystery here, I was on the natural running centre injury page and they talk about how IT band issues can be the result o…

Started by Paul Bassett

4 May 23, 2012
Reply by Paul Bassett

HIGH-ARCH FEET

Hello Eric. I am Sergio from Spain (Sorry for my bad English) First of all he wanted to congratulate you on your work and on the hope that…

Started by Sergio Fernández

1 May 19, 2012
Reply by Sergio Fernández

Foot Strength

Foot strength is so important for muscle activation for the VMO and on up to your glute medius.  This activation creates stance leg stabili…

Started by Eric Orton

2 Mar 12, 2012
Reply by Paul Weeks

calf soreness

I am new to running and to the mid-foot strick.  Today was my first run really focusing on my foot strike.  About half way through the run…

Started by Ashley Von Hatten

6 Aug 12, 2011
Reply by Melinda

Lower abdominal pain at the latter part of a long run

Hi all,    I had a good 20 mile run yesterday - no IT band issues and no ankle pain today. I attribute this to the stability and strength e…

Started by Sean Murphy

11 Aug 8, 2011
Reply by James J Bruder

Knee Pain

I started experiencing a burning pain under my left knee cap at the end of my first week on the getting started plan.  I've never had any p…

Started by Andrew Barlow

1 May 7, 2011
Reply by Eric Orton

Meniscus

Hello I recently been reacquainted with running. I always admired my father who did an annual half marathon. Until he tore his meniscus. I…

Started by Wilder Jones

0 Jan 12, 2011

4- Hour Body - Tim Ferriss' latest book.

Anybody read this yet?   4-Hr Body   Ferriss has several sections on building strength, running far, and running fast.  The coaches he refe…

Started by Wilson

7 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Mark Lofquist

VFF, crossfit and injurys

i started doing this training program called crossfit, its high intensity workouts @ a fast pace. For the first 5 months i was wearing regu…

Started by carlos pulido

6 Oct 9, 2010
Reply by Justin K Shurts

RSS

Cirque Series Mountain Races

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

Camps and Training Visits

Groups

Forum

Achilles tendon right legs painful

Started by Giorgio Guglielmino in Eric's Training (Tips Included). Last reply by Giorgio Guglielmino Jan 29. 1 Reply

My first Ultra Race :)

Started by Giorgio Guglielmino in The Cool Impossible. Last reply by Giorgio Guglielmino Jan 16. 4 Replies

100 mile race approach

Started by Kirk in Run Training Dec 29, 2019. 0 Replies

Strength Training - Uneven Leg length

Started by Matthew Sheringham in Strength Training. Last reply by Ben Lynch Dec 7, 2019. 1 Reply

Training for 100km ultra

Started by Giorgio Guglielmino in Run Training. Last reply by Giorgio Guglielmino Oct 30, 2019. 2 Replies

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service