Strength Training (69)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

B2R and My First 100 Miler

I finished my first 100 miler a few days ago, Burning River 100 in Ohio. Apart for some tough (stomach) moments it went well and I was able…

Started by Mark Carey

2 Aug 7, 2014
Reply by Robert Burpee

Overcoming Tendon Injuries

Hi there, I just recently read Cool Impossible and I was curious if the strength exercises have good results in overcoming walking injuries…

Started by Lisa Chell

4 Jul 4, 2014
Reply by Lisa Chell

Inflated rubber stability disk??

I am getting started and I already own a stability disk, the inflated rubber kind.  Is this appropriate for the same strength training goal…

Started by Julia Rodriguez

3 Jul 4, 2014
Reply by Eric Orton

Lift in shoe

Hey, I read Eric's book last fall, and the idea of being an athlete appealed to me.  At the time, I had a 3/8" lift in one shoe.  Since doi…

Started by Martha Jensen

2 Jun 25, 2014
Reply by Lori Enlow

B2R Level One - Board/Foot placement

I was looking at these pictures (http://www.runningwitheric.com/forum/topics/br2-level-1-board-foot-placement) from a previous post.  When…

Started by Matt Brasher

2 Jun 24, 2014
Reply by Jacob Cossairt

When to do the strength training

When is the best time to do the strength training, before or after running?  Thanks, Matt

Started by Matt Brasher

3 Jun 10, 2014
Reply by Matt Brasher

"Knees to Chest" Video

Hi Eric! Would you have a video clip of your "Knees to Chest" Fitball routine? Somehow my flutes don't get high like you illustrate in your…

Started by Double A

0 May 31, 2014

wohoo!! It's Strength time baby. Where do I watch vids?

Hey guys :) where I can see the videos referred to in the book that shot the exercises bring performed? So keen to get started. - from " sh…

Started by Matthew Davison

2 May 1, 2014
Reply by Jacob Cossairt

achilles and heel pain only after long runs

I am training for my first marathon and I do the slant board exercises for about the last 4 months as part of my warmup before every run. I…

Started by Andrew Tucker

0 Mar 16, 2014

Fitball size

Hi everyone, I am just starting the exercises in the book and wondering what size ball is required. Looking at the pictures the ball Eric u…

Started by Rich Whitfield

4 Feb 24, 2014
Reply by Eric Orton

RSS

Connect

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

2019 Run Camps

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service