Hi, I just finished week 7 phase 1 of the training plan and a couple weeks ago my toes started hurting on runs.  It's mostly my second toe, next to the big toe. It's starting to hurt even before I hit mile 2!  And by the end of a long run, it kills. Is there something I'm doing wrong?  It hurts both in huarches and Innov-8's, but it didn't seem to hurt when I ran 3 miles barefoot on cement. Also, should my mid foot be sore and tight - is that just a result of running?  Thanks.

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You might have neuroma.  I had pain similar to that many years ago when I first tried to transition to minimalist running.  I did too much of a transition too soon and after a few months of minimalist running the pain started.  Might want to ease off on the mileage and cross train.

oh really? What did you do when you had it?

I stopped running for about a week and a half and did the elliptical instead.  And then when I did get back to running I put my Vibram Five Fingers aside and ran in the Altra Zero Drop shoes because those had a wide toe box and had more cushioning, and even then I kept the mileage low for about a month.  The wide toe box of the Altras took the pressure off the nerves located between my second and third toes.

RSS

Connect

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order links:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Penguin | Indie Bound

EO Mountain Running Academy

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video