I have done some preliminary searches for a heart rate monitor with gps but there doesn't seem one that stands out. 

I have just received my Freo board bundle to begin strengthening the muscles in my legs which sooo need them even though I run on a regular basis.

I have a Polar Heart Rate Monitor but it doesn't have gps. 

Any suggestions out there?

Views: 391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What's your budget?  If you're looking for a basic heart rate monitor watch with GPS functionality, Garmin and Tom Tom make some for under 150 USD.  These watches, for the price, offer vibration alerts that can be programmed for different things like training zones, distance, etc.

I use a Suunto Ambit3, which is pricey, but it's because I'm a trail running nut, enjoy watersports, and like to look at a whole bunch of metrics.  I wouldn't really recommend the higher priced HRM/GPS  watches though because sometimes too many metrics can distract you from your training goals, or even distract you from just having fun.

Good luck on your search and let us know which one you think you'll get.

+1 on the Ambit 3, but I've got the Run version, which is a bit cheaper as it's got a few less functions (The Ambit 3 Sport leans more towards triathlon and has extra bits for the cycling and swimming).

Rob

For best value, I'm a big fan of the Garmin Forerunner 310XT Waterproof USB Stick and Heart Rate Monitor combo: $142 on Amazon, $120 without the HRM.  I've had mine for nearly 3 years now and have been pretty happy with it.  Sometimes I wish it was less bulky.  If I decide to upgrade later, I'll probably consider something like the Garmin FR630, the Garmin FR920XT, or (my favorite) the Garmin Fenix3.

Check out DC Rainmaker's page, http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/11/winter-sports-gadget-recommendat..., and the reviews on that site for probably more details than you care to read on the subject. :-)

RSS

Train With Eric

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

Foot Core

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service