Recommended Reading Library - Add your recommendations

I would love to know what running books you've read and whether or not you'd recommend reading them. Obviously I've read Born to Run and LOVED IT!

Steph Green suggested I read Barefoot Running Step by Step: Barefoot Ken Bob, The Guru of Shoeless Running with More Speed, Less Impact, Fewer Leg Injuries and more fun. Written by Barefoot Ken Bob Saxton and Roy M. Wallack. A few chapters in on this one already and LOVING this one too! (thanks so much Steph it's awesome)

I've also bought Runners World Complete Book of Women Running by Dagny Scott Barrios. This book is a little tough to read like a traditional book. I treat it more like a manual to reference. If you're a guy..I wouldnt read it unless you want to know what Sports Bra's are and what type you should look for (LOL).

Lastly there is one book that wasn't written for running but I personally feel fits nicely into every areas of our lives.... It's called Goals written by Brian Tracy. Absolutely PHENOMINAL book about goals, having them and how they play a huge role in achieving what you want out of life...one of my favorite parts in this book is where is he wrote..it's not where you start, it's where you finish!  I usually struggle with business books because they are very manual written usually especially about specific topics, but this one is a fast read but really good.

Figured I'd start this discussion thread so we can capture some more good reading material for our team!

Barbara

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kirk Johnson, "To the Edge" about a NY Times reporter who runs Badwater in honor of his brother who committed suicide.  "You are an Ironman" the author follows six age groupers as they train for the 2010 Ironman Arizona.  "Running Through the Wall" a series of stories about ultra-runners, most of who are running their first ultra. "A Clydesdales Tale: How a Big Guy Trained For and Ran the Vermont 100"  I like it since the guy is similar to me in stature, he has some annoying asides, but it is a great story by a back of the pack runner. 

Joe Friel's blog is terrific and free. If you are a running research nerd like me, you'll dig his perspective: http://www.joefrielsblog.com/

If you are looking for nutrition advice, Loren Cordain's "Paleo Diet for Athletes" is a good one. Co-authored by Joe Friel BTW. It is actually on my nightstand because I keep reading it over and over...

"Daniel's Running Formula" is another one I like. Just good basic running stuff. Very nice reference.

Awesome Melinda.. I'm definitely looking for nutrition stuff!!

RSS

Connect

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

2019 Run Camps

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service