Hi Eric,
I am training for the Lost Soul 100 km in Sept. My question is: if I have some practice races throughout the summer..... Should I aim for a half marathon in June and then a 50 km in mid August? Or is that too much? I am just starting your program in your book.... Though I have also considered one of your training plans as well.

Thank you for your time:)
Karen

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HI Karen - I would definitely am for a 50k as a training race and ideally this would be no closer to the 100k than about 5-6 weeks before.  The half marathon would be a good replacement for a short hard training run and ideally try to make it on similar terrain challenges as your 100K.  You could probably squeeze two half's in there if you wanted.

I also got your email and will respond to that with comments on Training Plans.

Let the training Begin.

E

Hi Eric,
Thank you! I have signed up for a 60 km run about 5 weeks out and a half marathon in July..... I'll look into amother one as well.

Thank you!

Hi Karen, It's really very nice to hear from you about your preparation. I think 50 km can be an ideal race for you. I have captured some cool ideas for training from "natrun.com.au". I hope your training program will go on a perfect way. Thank you.

Thank you Marcus! I will definitely have a look at that site:). Always great to hear about information from others! Take care!

RSS

Enter to WIN a Weekend Run Adventure with Me! (coming 9/3)

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

2019 Run Camps

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service