Finally a new PR for this year.  But let me regress.  I had a banner year in 2014 nine Pr's.  But I finished the year with a spur of the moment fifty miler.  Which was very hilly and as it turned out the course was wet and muddy.  A 10 mile loop with 14 stream crossings and hills that seemed to go straight up and down plus lots of suck mud.  I suffered after that one.  Then in the spring of 2015 I did a 100 miler while not that hilly the course was also mud fest.  I suffered again.  It took almost all summer to recover.  And I have to give Eric credit for bringing me back.  I kept up on the slant board, wobble board, and fit ball exercises. I finally felt some what normal about the time to taper for my "A" race.  St Pats 24 hr.  It was this weekend.  A new PR.  104.05 miles.  Fifth overall fourth male.  If I would have used my brain I might have gotten more miles.  I was running very consistent laps (3 miles) but at midnight I blew it.  I had a long stop at the aid station and got chilled.  Temps at that time were in the low thirty's.  When I got around to changing  clothes I had one more jacket that I was going to put on after a couple of more loops.  But I didn't further adding to my troubles.  By morning it was down to the lows twenties and very frosty out.  Fortunately I had enough miles in the bank to get my first an probably only PR this year.  Eric's exercises work  Thank you for letting ramble on,  Bill

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Bill for the Report & congratulations on your achievement.

RSS

Connect

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video