Hi All! I volunteered last year as personal crew at La Ultra - The High touted as the 'cruelest ultra in the world'. This is a 333 Km run in the Indian Himalayas and includes three passes close to 18,000 feet.

Registrations for the La Ultra for 2015 are open. Please visit La Ultra Site for additional information. From my experience last year, I can tell you that this is a unique running and volunteering experience. 

I am also happy to answer any specific queries that you might have.

Eric: I think you should come!

Hope to see some of you in August 2015 at the La Ultra.

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Would LOVE to.  Trying to plan a run  expedition to Himalayas, so stay tuned.

Have an coached athlete really wanting to do this race as his Cool Impossible in a few years.

Are you racing in 2015?

Eric, I am happy to

Ha! I was just thinking yesterday, "I want to see the Himalayas, and dare I say run in them?!) I can't fathom running at some of those altitudes, but would sure love the experience! I do see the Himalayas in my future, 2015 is a little soon though...Heart set on Tor Des Geants next year.

Lori, you might want to consider crewing in 2015 and running in a later edition. I feel that it will really help you prep for a run if you experience it as crew. Happy to provide whatever info/support you need in India.

Yes, I think that would be an awesome way to experience the race, environment, people. I would love to come to India. Maybe the not too distant future ;)

No better way to experience the Himalayas :-)

A Cool Impossible crew in the Himalayas, now that's REALLY Cool!!

Eric, Lori (and anybody else interested!)

Happy New Year to you guys! Hoping to see some of you in Leh in August this year

RSS

Cirque Series Mountain Races

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

2019 Run Camps

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service