Ok I searched for it and found one guy that asked the question but no response...if you have been running for sometime but not minimalist what plan do you start with. The description for 6 week says beginners. What kind of beginners. I need a better explanation before I put down my money.

Views: 136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Rich - choose the program based on your fitness level and race goals, as the 6 week beginner program is designed for beginning runners. 

Good question and let me know if you have further questions - E

Hi Rich,

This is what I think. If you're running at the moment in a style that you're happy with, don't change. Why risk getting new types of injury as you make the adjustment? I signed up for an Eric plan because I had all kinds of chronic problems that were getting worse, not better with age (I'm 45), and I was seduced by the promise of pain free, injury free running. I'm a pretty experienced runner, but I went for the 6 week beginners and I'm glad I did. The distances and times are tiny, but learning an entirely new type of running means training entirely new muscles; like most people here, my calves were very sore for about 4 weeks. And for nearly 6 weeks I loved it. If you like structure and variety and the challenge of learning something new, and a real feeling of progression, it's a great plan. You do run a lot slower - the promise is that it gets faster with time. I haven't got there yet because after 5 and a half weeks, of following the plan to the second and to the letter, I got tendonitis in my left peroneal tendons and have been resting up. And if you look on the site, there's an awful lot of posts from people with injuries (sore knees, arches, feet, plantar fasciitis etc) which seems odd for a running style that promotes itself as injury/pain free. If this happens, you realise that with a virtual plan you're effectively on your own, so if it does go wrong, there's not much support, other than advice to let your heels drop. So think carefully about what you do now before you commit.

Hope this is helpful

Paul

Interesting thanks

RSS

Train With Eric

Cirque Series Mountain Races

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

Groups

Forum

20 days sugar detox chapter in your book

Started by Alessandra in Nutrition. Last reply by Eric Orton Mar 28. 6 Replies

Achilles tendon right legs painful

Started by Giorgio Guglielmino in Eric's Training (Tips Included). Last reply by Giorgio Guglielmino Jan 29. 1 Reply

My first Ultra Race :)

Started by Giorgio Guglielmino in The Cool Impossible. Last reply by Giorgio Guglielmino Jan 16. 4 Replies

100 mile race approach

Started by Kirk in Run Training Dec 29, 2019. 0 Replies

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service