Hi, I'm looking for some suggestions on training & age. I'm 48. I've been using the glute/leg & core strength exercises & have been through foundation program once but I think I over trained. Ended up with knots in my calves that took along time to sort out.
Is there any truth to the slow down with age theory?

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Murray, I personally love training & since finding Eric, his philosophies & program's I've never looked back. Age, in my opinion, is just a number if you train, sleep, recover & eat correctly the sky's the limit.
If I can pass on one bit of advise it would be patience, it takes time to transition into Eric's running style & into minimalist runners. As Eric says "be like a martial artist and strive for perfection within every element of your running". You, of cause, will never achieve perfection but its all about your journey of discovery. Good luck & keep us posted on your discoveries.
Hi Murray

Eric's stuff is great and you could also check out Joel Friel's book, he is bit of a guru when it comes to aging athletes http://www.amazon.com/Fast-After-50-Race-Strong/dp/1937715264
Thanks Rupert, yeah for me I've been patient ;) I transitioned into zero drop shoes (Merrell Road Gloves) over an 8-10 week period while starting into the strength exercises. I still become aware of core & leg strength "levelling up".
I think I over did the "train to your capacity" advice.
Time to hurry up & wait.
At the moment I'm just chugging along doing 2-3 fat burning runs & a faster run each week then a PB attempt on a 350m set of stairs locally.
Thanks Campbell, I've been tempted to buy Faster after 50 :)

RSS

Enter to WIN a Weekend Run Adventure with Me! (coming 9/3)

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

2019 Run Camps

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service