I have just started with Eric's training techniques and have done a couple of very short runs focusing on my form. My calves have been very sore after each run - is that normal?

thanks,

Doug

Views: 366

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi. That's not unusual if you are changing your running style. It can take a while to adjust. Good luck

thanks rich. I plan on taking it slow but just wanted to make sure I wasn't off track already

Just take it steady and enjoy
I remember the first few months that I was adjusting to a new run style I felt like my calves were literally shredded. It will get better :-)

Yes! looking forward to learning from others experiences! I feel the same way - calves don't seem to be recovering between runs either... hope I haven't replaced my bad form with something other than a better one :-)

I found it took ages to stop getting sore calves after running, but it definitely does stop eventually, thankfully!

For the first few weeks my calves felt like they'd been beaten with a big stick! It's only temporary as your body adjusts.

RSS

Connect

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service