With the days slowly starting to get longer, I'm considering running home from work, which is about seven miles with an ascent of maybe 800ft.  Yeah, this might be my summer cool impossible.  I'd need backpack that could hold my work clothes/shoes, empty lunch containers, water bottles, etc.

I'd definitely need something with a sternum strap to keep the pack from bouncing around.

Any recommendations?  What works / doesn't work for you?  Has anyone actually done this?

Views: 221

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jay,

I run too and from work in the summer and I use OMM (The original Mountain marathon) back pack. I use a 12 litre  https://www.theomm.com/products/packs/ultra12/

The Ultra 12, Its tight but I can get food and cloths in there I tend to leave Jeans and shoes at work so just a top and underwear and my food. There is provision for 2 bottles and a couple of zip pockets. There's a waist and sternum strap. I run 10-11 miles. There are larger capacity packs but there's a real difference at first running with a back pack.

Hope this helps

Frank  

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the recommendation!  I'll have to figure out how much volume 12 liters is, plus will have to see if anyone carries that model here in the U.S.

It's amazing that you do 10-11 miles with the pack! I only plan on running one way at the moment, from work to home at the end of the day, so it's 7 miles for me.

Jay

Hi Jay,

No problem, I was recommended this make by the lad who is my Physio, He uses a 20Lt one on the bike, I'm sure you can get them US side.  

It takes a bit of getting used to running with a back pack and it does effect your time,pace and your energy level so build up to it.

Frank  

Great advice, Frank, thanks!  Looks like Amazon.com might be selling them here in the U.S.

Jay

Great .. I hope it works out for you,

Most important point have fun enjoy running  

Hi Jay
When away from home working I often run from the work site to the motel. Depending on distance if I just run back I'll drive in take my gear, my colleague will drive my gear back & I'll run with just fluid. If I run the return journey I use a 3 Litre Camelpac, that again depending on what I'm doing I'll take the bladder out of. I like the versatility of the Camelpac & again it has plenty of pockets, hooks & straps to carry your gear. Good luck & enjoy the running.

RSS

Train With Eric

Foot Core

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service