The Cool Impossible (51)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Planning races throughout training

Hi Eric, I am training for the Lost Soul 100 km in Sept. My question is: if I have some practice races throughout the summer..... Should I…

Started by Karen

4 Mar 26, 2015
Reply by Karen

Backpack Recommendation

With the days slowly starting to get longer, I'm considering running home from work, which is about seven miles with an ascent of maybe 800…

Started by Jay Mijares

6 Mar 20, 2015
Reply by Robert Burpee

Patience and purpose - moral support

I've just completed Phase 1 Week 7 and I'm feeling a bit demotivated. I love the training, the intervals make it more interesting than trai…

Started by Kathy Thornton

24 Mar 8, 2015
Reply by Kathy Thornton

First marathon completed!!

So I used the foundation training program in the book to train for the Hobart Cadbury Marathon, which I completed in a time of 3:06:53. Ove…

Started by Shayne Francis

10 Feb 19, 2015
Reply by Shayne Francis

Timing Race-Specific Training

I am planning to start Phase I with a marathon scheduled 25 weeks out.  Since I don't have time for the full five-month program before the…

Started by Carl d

4 Feb 8, 2015
Reply by Carl d

Another Cool Impossible for 2015

This one is not really about running, but Eric has influenced me enough with this #TheCoolImpossible. I want to be able to do this (check o…

Started by Double A

2 Jan 14, 2015
Reply by Lori Enlow

Phase 2 Taper and other comments

Firstly, thanks to Eric, Rich and Robert for answering my previous query about the Hardest Workout. Having just completed Phase 2 Week 5, D…

0 Dec 21, 2014

My Cool Impossible For 2015

My Cool Impossible For 2015 Next year I'm signed up to run a 22km trail run at Warburton in the Dandenong Ranges on the 22nd of February an…

Started by Robert Burpee

3 Dec 21, 2014
Reply by Shayne Francis

Hardest workout - Phase 2 Week 3 Day 2

I'm just about to start Week 5 of Phase 2, but I just thought I'd comment about the hardest workout I've had so far, Phase 2, Week 3, Day 2…

3 Dec 14, 2014
Reply by Rich Warne

TCI - End of Phase 1

Hi All I'm just about to start Phase 2, and had some comments/questions that I thought I'd throw out into the forums here. My first attempt…

7 Nov 16, 2014
Reply by Jacob Cossairt

RSS

Connect

Partners

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order links:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Penguin | Indie Bound

EO Mountain Running Academy

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Live Video