Run Form and Technique (33)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Makes me faster just looking at his form

Form Awareness: Leading with the (left) knee, with heel under hamstring. Stance leg (right) almost straight, driving thru the ground rela…

Started by Eric Orton

6 Jun 18, 2014
Reply by Robert Burpee

Shin Splints

I am currently on my 3rd case of medial tibial stress syndrome, which is an isolated pain on the inside of my shins not too far above my an…

Started by Michael maclean

2 May 23, 2014
Reply by Michael maclean

Garmin Running Dynamics?

Hi Eric (and others)! I'm a trail /mountain runner, and I'm upgrading to the new Garmin Fenix 2 (for longer battery life + altimeter). I no…

Started by Kris Niles

1 May 6, 2014
Reply by Mikael Evander

worthwhile revision!

Had another breakthrough after rereading the Form section of Cool Impossible and realising I have been putting most of the power of my driv…

Started by elli mccormick

2 Apr 17, 2014
Reply by Rich Warne

Getting Started

I read the "Cool Impossible" over Christmas and have gradually been changing my training schedule to incorporate the strength exercises.  I…

Started by Letitia Huard

1 Mar 16, 2014
Reply by David Tepper

A Day To Remember

Day 5 - Week 1 Yesterday I completed the day 5 training schedule as set out in The Cool Impossible, running for a total of 50'. During the…

Started by Robert Burpee

2 Mar 11, 2014
Reply by Lori Enlow

Glute activation

I had time for a short run after work today and I pushed the pace a little on a couple of hills.  I could feel my glutes.  I'm assuming t…

Started by Bill Kulwicki

3 Mar 8, 2014
Reply by Eric Orton

Video of correct form at slower pace

Hi, does anyone have a link to a video showing someone running with the correct form but at a slower pace? By slower pace I don't mean slo…

Started by Rich Whitfield

5 Mar 7, 2014
Reply by Rich Whitfield

Transition to Minimalist

How long should the time take to switch to Minimalist shoes take?  I read TCI in Dec started doing the Slant board (home made at first).…

Started by Bill Kulwicki

0 Mar 1, 2014

Problem after problem with my right side.

Ok- I need advice from anyone out there that has some experience or insight. I'll try to be brief. I have suffered from all kinds of injuri…

Started by Karen Blackert

9 Feb 17, 2014
Reply by Eric Orton

RSS

Foot Core

Train With Eric

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2020   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service