Eric's Training (Tips Included) (76)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Plantar faciitis

Hi there! I am really hoping you can help!  There is so much conflicting information out there, but, I trust your opinion.  A little over a…

Started by Kat Jacobs

7 Jul 12, 2018
Reply by Kat Jacobs

shoes issue

hi, i have just finished my first 80 km trail i had pain in my thigh muscles for the last 20KM this was mostly due, from my point of view,…

Started by geoffroy

5 Jun 7, 2018
Reply by geoffroy

The 37th Great Train Race

Today I ran "The 37th Great Train Race", against the steam train Puffing Billy in showery but mild conditions. The family dropped me off at…

Started by Robert Burpee

1 Apr 30, 2018
Reply by Eric Orton

Just starting Forefoot strike

Hey all - so ... inspired by the books of Chris McDougal and Eric (and Scott Jurek) I am ready to begin trying a forefoot strike.  My quest…

Started by Rich Falso

5 Feb 13, 2018
Reply by Rich Falso

How do I start again after injury?

Hi runners and Eric, I was going well on the first stage of the program and then was struck down very hard by piraformis syndrome.... chron…

Started by Rachel Clayton

0 Dec 5, 2017

100 Mile Plan / Speed Zones?

Hi, I recently purchased the 100 mile plan and have dropped it into my calendar to begin 12/18.  I've noticed that it's all HR zones for th…

Started by Chad Merritt

0 Dec 4, 2017

Cross Training

Just about to start the Cool Impossible. In addition to the program, I will be biking 2x per week, practicing yoga 1x and playing tennis 1x…

Started by Douglas Berlin

2 Nov 16, 2017
Reply by Douglas Berlin

Shoes choice?

I am totally inspired by a story I am busy with now a book- Born to run. So Fanstastic. I got back on running. With different attitude. I h…

Started by Tom Romaniuk

9 Oct 26, 2017
Reply by Eric Orton

Nike Lunar vs NB Fantom

Any of you guys have experience one of those shoes? I will welcome any of your feedbacks, thank you very much. NB Fantom Nike Lunar 2

Started by Tom Romaniuk

1 Oct 18, 2017
Reply by Eric Orton

Run cadence

Been running for 20 years usually with around 160 cadence.Been trying to increase to 180, it really feels awkward and is actually kinda har…

Started by Shane Foster

6 Aug 14, 2017
Reply by Shane Foster

RSS

Connect

The Cool Impossible by Eric Orton

The Cool Impossible: Run Beyond Limits

“this is by far one of the best training books of the past decade.” - Competitor Magazine

Order link:

Amazon 

Groups

Photos

• Add Photos

Partners

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Eric Orton.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service